No matter how many precautions employees take, accidents sometimes happen. In these situations quick action is essential, and if the incident involves a hazardous material, using a safety shower or eyewash can be extremely important.
NSC’s training products on “Safety Showers and Eye Washes” review for employees situations where safety showers and eye washes should be used, as well as how to properly use them. Topics covered in these products include:
- Types of showers and eye washes.
- How to operate showers and eye washes correctly.
- Chemical splashes.
- Appropriate shower and eye wash techniques.
- Helping an accident victim use a shower/eye wash.
- First aid.
- Maintenance and testing of showers and eye washes.