Full Color Motivational Safety Poster 18″ x 24″ Laminated
Follow the Path to Safer Food
● Wash your hands before handling food and during food preparation.
● Wash your hands after going to the restroom.
● Clean and sanitize all surfaces and appliances used for food preparation.
● Protect your kitchen and food from insects, pests and other creatures.
Separate Raw and Cooked
● Separate raw meat, poultry and seafood from other foods.
● Use separate appliances and utensils for handling raw foods.
● Store food in separate areas to avoid contact between raw and prepared foods.
● Cook food thoroughly, especially meat, poultry, seafood and eggs.
● Boil soups and stews to make sure tat they have reached 158ºF. For meat and poultry, make sure that the juices are clear, not pink. Use a thermometer.
● Reheat cooked food thoroughly.
Keep Food at Safe Temperatures
● Do not leave cooked food at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
● Refrigerate quickly all cooked and perishable food (preferably below 41ºF).
● Keep cooked food hot (more than 140ºF) prior to serving.
● Do not store food too long even in the refrigerator.
● Do not thaw frozen food at room temperature.
Use Safe Water and Raw Materials
● Select fresh food especially fruit and meat.
● Wash all fruits and vegetables with clean water, especially when eaten raw.
● Do not use food beyond its expiration date.