Each year emergency situations cause an untold number of injuries and deaths. Damages to facilities and equipment run into the billions of dollars. While every emergency situation isn’t preventable, by planning ahead the effects of many of these situations can be minimized.
Existing OSHA, SARA Title III, and numerous state regulations call for all facilities to meet a number of Emergency Preparedness/Crisis Management requirements. MARCOM’s training products on “Emergency Planning” assist facilities in complying with these regulations and help them prepare for potential emergency situations. Topics covered in these products include:
- Causes and effects of emergencies.
- Preventing the â€œDomino Effectâ€
- Creating an Emergency Plan.
- The “crisis management team”.
- The role of outside agencies.
- Warning sirens and alarms.
- Using the â€œFire and Explosion Planning Matrixâ€.
- Practice sessions and drills