Most employees travel the roads every day… in cars, vans or trucks… many of them on company business. Each year,traffic accidents claim over 40,000 lives and cause more than two million serious injuries. In fact, motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death on the job.
NSC’s training products on “Driving Safety” provide the information employees need to drive cars, vans and small trucks safely, both on and off the job. Topics covered in these products include:
- Inspecting the vehicle. Adjusting seats, mirrors and other equipment.
- Mental preparation and concentration.
- Passing another vehicle.
- Sharing the road with trucks and buses.
- School bus encounters.
- Driving at night.
- Adverse weather conditions, skidding and hydroplaning.
- Distracted driving.
- Road rage.
- What to do in case of an accident.